Thursday, January 14, 2016

How many Mystery-Quilt-a-longs can I do at one time? And actually get anything done?

Mom used to say that my eyes are bigger than my stomach.
Meaning that I would take more food than I could eat.
I think that also applies to my quilting appetite.
I take on many more projects than will fit in my schedule.

I won a 40 fat quarter bundle of the Little House on the Prairie fabrics from Andover fabrics at Quilt Market in October. The Andover website actually broke them up into three coordinating lines.
I wanted to make sure I used them. On something. Relevant. Not just beautiful shelf decoration!

I signed up for Dear Laura Little House on the Prairie Mystery Quilt Along
at LoveBug Studios. Ebony's previous mysteries look great, so I wasn't scared of not knowing the outcome.
Since I have most of the fabrics, but only in fat quarters, I will be making both ma and pa colorways. Some blocks in one, some in the other. They all look great together. It will just look more scrappy than the original.

Dear Laura Little House on the Prairie Mystery Quilt Along             Dear Laura Little House on the Prairie Mystery Quilt Along
I have almost all the fabric,  except the solids, which is required in the very first blocks.
Darn. Gotta go shopping for fabric.
This may take a while.
Later,
Bunnie

No comments:

Post a Comment